Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Guided Reading Homework

For the next month, you will complete a book study on The Gollywhopper Games, by Jody Feldman. As your Guided Reading homework each night, you will be responsible for reading specific chapters, answering questions on the blog, and completing assignments with Mrs. Hunt (during the school day). You will receive an itinerary on the first day back from Spring Break.

Since this is your Guided Reading homework, I have high expectations for the work you complete on the blog and with Mrs. Hunt. Each chapter will have a couple questions to answer on the blog. You will be graded on formatting your answer into a complete senetence, along with text support from the chapter. Your answers should be written in paragraph form. The projects you turn in that are completed with Mrs. Hunt will be graded on a rubric scale. I will give you the rubric before you complete the project, so you know what we're expecting when turned in.

Since this is an independent project, you are responsible for managing each assignment and completing it on time. If at any point this is too overwhelming for you, I can find other reading homework that will be more guided for you.

I want this to be an enjoyable project for you, but I do have high expectations! Do you have what it takes to complete the project? Does Gil have what it takes to win? You'll find out shortly!

7 comments:

  1. I have what it takes to complete the project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this idea. I have never read this book. I can't wait to find out what happens in the book!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like this idea. I haven't read this either.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This shall be thy awesome and thy cool

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete