Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Ch. 8

Question:
If you were in Gil's place, would you have told anyone that you knew Thorn and Rocky were cheating?
a. If yes, would you have told then at the very beginning of the contest? Or later?
b. If no, why not? Would you have done what gil did and told Thorn and Rocky you knew they were cheating to give them a chance to play fair?

Activity:
(1) List at least 10 adjectives that describe Gil. Save them for an activity later in the book study.

(2) Create a Venn diagram comparing Rocky to Thorn. List at least 4 similarities and differences for each character. Use text support! (You will complete this as a graphic organizer in your journal. Once you are finished, you will complete it online with Mrs. Hunt at school.)

10 comments:

  1. I would choose A.I would say that they were cheating. But, Im sure they would kill Gil.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would tell later so when they think they'll get all the prizes, they're busted.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would not have told anyone that Thorn and Rocky were cheating because they are on my team, and we will win all the prizes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Probably not because those guys are tough in Gil's opinion.Thorn would call security and Rocky would beat him up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would tell later so they cheated for nothing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would tell on Rocky and Thorn later becuse they might be getting the prizes but then I would tell and then Gil might get the prizes. Next, Rocky and Thorn would have security becuase they were cheating and Rocky would have to say BYEEEE to his wonderful prizes!! I would feel good and sad for Rocky and Thorn becuase well I don't really know. Well actually I wouldn't becuase as it said in the book Rocky called Gil a crooks son so he kind of deserves it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think Thorn and Rocky need a chance of being nice, after 3 times I've had enough.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wold tell at the begining because then it would be a fair game. Even though they would to hurt Gil it is the right thing to do.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'd tell ammediatly. Then, they wouldn't disqualify me.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would tell but at the end so if either Thorn or Rocky won. I would tell and they would start it over.

    ReplyDelete